Tasseography is a way that people have been telling fortunes for years. They have used things from wine sediments to tea leaves and even coffee grounds. Reading Turkish coffee grounds is a tradition that has been done for centuries. Not only can it be fun, but you also get to drink coffee too!
- Turkish blend coffee.
Rules of Reading
- Make sure the coffee is blended and there are no chunks.
- Add extra coffee powder to have more ground to read.
- Don’t read your own grounds because you might not read them honestly.
- Start with the cups handle and move left to right if the person is right-handed or left handed will make a difference.
Preparing the Cup
- Always drink from the same side and don’t rush.
- Leave a small amount of coffee in the bottom of the cup.
- Take a last drink and make a wish.
- Put the saucer over the cup and cover it.
- Hold the cup in your hand in front of you.
- Circle it clockwise three times.
- Turn the cup upside down quickly and let the grounds go into the saucer.
Reading the Grounds
- Leave the cup for 5-10 minutes.
- If this is about money, put a coin on the back surface of the cup.
- If this is about relationships, put a ring on the back of the cup.
- Return the object you put on the cup and take the cup from the saucer.
- If the grounds are in chunks, then it means that your troubles will leave you.
- If they fall in a pile, it means you will get money.
- If the cut and saucer are tight then it is a Prophet’s Cup and means you don’t need to do the reading because it will all come true.
- Turn the cup and hold it straight up. Look at the shapes in the saucer and figure out what it means.
Division of the Cup
- Divide the cup into five.
- The handle means love.
- Front rim means finances.
- Bottom of the cup means family and home.
- The upper rim means your life right now.
- A lower rim means your future.
Symbols of the Reading
- You need to use your intuition to make a reading.
- If you recognize an image, listen to what your gut feeling tells you.
- There are different symbols in tasseography, and you need to research these before you begin.
People love to find out about the future and if you use coffee grounds as a tool of divination, always take your time and feel good about what kind of reading that you give.