Do you often look at your spirituality and use it as a way to feel better in your life or even to escape the things around you? Some people will use their spirituality like they do addictive behaviors, and they will abuse it in order to feel good.
Does This Happen to You?
Do any of these things happen in your life?
- You find that you hate looking at your finances and you want to develop your spiritual self instead.
- You use your spirituality to escape such as never doing anything or taking action but looking to things like the Law of Attraction to just send positivity into the world and hope it comes back to you.
- You are too uncomfortable in the world around you and you don’t find any good in it.
- You want to hang around other people that are spiritual and so you don’t make new friends.
- You want to get rid of things in your life such as supporting yourself, cleaning yourself.
- You spend too much time thinking about what peace and a good world would be like.
- You meditate for hours each day.
- You spend a lot of time by yourself looking deep.
- You hate that things move too slow.
- You feel a purpose in your life and think that you might have a psychic gift or be a lightworker.
- You have strong intuition.
- You are empathic to others, and you pick up on negativity around you.
If you find that you relate to these things, more than 6 of them, then you might be letting your spiritual self stop you from living the best life that you can live.
Being Out of Balance
People that are out of balance with their spirituality means that they enjoy their spiritual self more than their phyiscal self. They take up the energy of their spiritual being, but they forget to live their life to the fullest.
This likely means that your upper chakras are very open, and you have lots of energy running through there, but your lower chakras are not developed enough.
Chakra energy allows the body to be centered with the energy around them. The body is organized with these chakras:
- Root chakra: Gives you a feeling of safety, survival, finances, and reality. It is found in the perineum.
- Sacral chakra: This can help you to have strong emotions, good sexual experiences, and creativity. Found below the navel.
- Heart chakra: This chakra helps you to have love and acceptance and worth. It is found in the heart area.
- Throat chakra: Allows you to communicate and speak truth. Found in the throat.
- Third eye chakra: Is where your intuition and truth lies. Found in the middle of the forehead.
- Crown chakra: Helps you connect with your spiritual self. Found at the top of the head.
The chakras control all things that work from being on the earth to being grounded with your spiritual self. Here are some things that they do:
- Root and sacral help with finances.
- Root helps you connect with reality.
- Sacral helps you connect with your sensuality.
- Root helps you connect with family and friends.
- Sacral brings you fun and enjoyment.
- Solar plexus makes things happen in the world around you.
- Root helps you to be nourished in your body.
- Root helps you to set routines.
The upper chakras govern things in your spiritual being such as:
- Third eye works with daydreaming, mental thoughts, intelligence.
- Crown and third eye work with connecting with the higher spiritual beings, your spiritual gifts such as clairvoyance and clairaudience.
- Heart caring and serving others.
- Throat works with spiritual learning, writing, and speaking, introspection and healing.
When you focus on things in your upper chakras for long periods of time such as developing your spiritual man, it will shift away from you reaching the lower chakras and feeling strong and grounded in your body.
When your spiritual self is unbalanced, it means that you let your spiritual self have too much importance. You spend all of your time developing your psychic self, but you forget to take care of your body.
This can cause you to have a hard time relating to the world around you and can make you forget to enjoy your life. Don’t take things so seriously in your spiritual being that you neglect the things on earth, your social life, and your finances, even your health.
Balancing Your Body and Spirituality
If you find that you aren’t balanced, there are things that you can do to change this. You can meditate and go outside and walk barefoot, these are good things, but they are temporary. You need to take bigger steps to make sure that you fix yourself.
You can try healing sessions such as cutting cords out of your life. When you do this, it can get rid of the cords that are holding you to people that have caused pain and trauma in your life. Here are some other things that you can do to bring balance.
Feeling Spacey or Lightheaded
If you feel this way, you might have your eating habits off. This can cause you to be ungrounded. Some people will choose to be vegan’s or will be vegetarians, but this doesn’t always fit everyone. If you do this, it can cause you to be unbalanced and you need to have a strong reality connection or you will become unbalanced.
Some people do a light diet when they are trying to develop their spiritual being and when you open up the upper chakras, you might need to eat some meat and if you are sensitive to this, you can go with fish. Other people choose to give up animal products totally and this can be extreme to your body.
You can also become ungrounded when you aren’t eating enough or not eating regularly and you should always try to eat at least 3 meals and snacks throughout the day. Missing meals and fasting is good for you sometimes, but it can cause unbalance to the lower chakras.
Neglecting Your Body
You need to pay attention and pamper yourself. Spend time grooming, getting your hair done, painting your nails, finding nice clothes to wear, and doing things that make you feel good. When you are doing spiritual growth, you might feel that your phyiscal body isn’t important, but you will be more balanced when you like how you look.
Set aside money each month that can allow you to pamper yourself and your looks. This can make you feel beautiful and even if you aren’t planning on leaving the house, do this and just dress nicely for yourself.
Loving yourself and how you look can cause you to have balance in your life. You should also make sure that you are exercising and moving regularly. This can help you to feel better in your body and to be stronger.
Working on Beliefs But Not Making Changes
Go out and do things and take action in your life. If you want to have better finances, go, and get a job that you like. You can’t spend all of your time just thinking about what you imagine coming or dreaming about things that you want.
You need to take real action goals to make sure that you are living your best phyiscal and spiritual life.
The World Seems Terrible
Don’t take everything in life so seriously. Learn to go out and have fun and live a good life. Some people that are searching for their spiritual self-think that they have to stop living and having fun.
The universe is here to give you the fun that you want. You should never spend your whole life feeling bored and dull. Go out with people that make you have fun and that make you laugh.
Reach the Practicality of Life
You have to pay attention to the things that are practical in your life such as your finances and your phyiscal being. You can be spiritual all that you want but if you have nowhere to live and not enough money to spend then how are you going to make it?
You need to pay attention to your world around you and make sure that you are keeping your house cleaned, preparing meals, cooking, and doing these little things that can also bring grounding to your life.
Budgeting and keeping your life strong can help you to balance your phyiscal being and it can also help you to be more spiritual.
Questions to Ask Yourself
Here are some things you need to ask yourself.
What Are You Escaping from?
Do you have things in your life that you are afraid to address because they have hurt you and you don’t want to be emotional? This could be a crutch for you to try to make it a spiritual thing.
Here are some ways that you know what you are running from:
- Things that make you cry for no reason.
- Things you want to change about yourself that you don’t like.
You have to find a way to face these things. Everyone has wounds and you have to get to a spiritual and phyiscal level where you can do changes that can make your life better. Don’t just focus on your spiritual being but focus on your physical world as well.
Life can be hard but the changes that you face and the changes that you reach can bring you hope and peace.