The Svadhisthana or the Sacral chakra is the second chakra found in your body. This chakra is located in your stomach are and it is just a couple inches below the belly button. This is the chakra that brings you peace, creativity, and happiness.
When you want to understand your emotions, libido, creativity and desires, the sacral chakra can help you with this. Orange is the color that is associated with this chakra.
Choosing to Balance the Sacral Chakra
Balancing your chakras is important and if you want the sacral chakra to be balanced, you will see that this can bring you balance, joy, confidence and keep your emotions in check. Those that have a balanced sacral chakra are normally people that are:
- Full of happiness.
- Present in the now.
- Caring and compassionate.
- Sensual beings.
A balanced sacral chakra helps you to be aligned and helps you to be confident in who you are and what you want.
Unbalanced Sacral Chakra
When your sacral chakra is unbalanced, it can cause your emotions to be out of whack. It can cause you to be depressed and anxious and to have no happiness or peace in your life. Those that have an unbalanced sacral chakra are normally people that are:
- Lacking self-confidence.
- Unable to deal with change.
- Angry or sad.
- Lacking emotions.
- Unable to balance emotions.
There are different ways that you can learn to balance your sacral chakra and some of the ways include reiki healing, energy healing, yoga, sound therapy, meditating and more.
Balancing with Yoga
You can start doing yoga each day in your life if you want to get your mind, body, and soul healthy and strong. You will see that yoga can help to increase your energy and it can help you to boost your peace and joy.
Balancing with Meditation
Another way to balance your sacral chakra is with meditation. Here are some of the ways that you can practice mediating:
- Find a comfortable place with no distractions.
- Dress comfortably.
- Deep breathe.
- Relax your body and let your relaxation take over.
- Feel that you are getting light.
- Be aware of where you are and of your body.
- Say, “I am enough.”
- Stretch and deep breathe again.
- Start for 5 minutes each day and work up to longer periods of time.
Balancing with Food
You can balance your sacral chakra by adding certain foods to your diet. Here are some of the best foods:
- Fresh fruits such as peaches, mangoes, and oranges.
- Fresh vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin.
- Seeds such as poppy seeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Balancing with Essential Oils
Use different essential oils to increase your senses and to balance and heal your sacral chakra such as:
- Ylang Ylang.
- Clary Sage.
- Add 1-3 drops to your diffuser or add a few drops to your sacral chakra.
Balancing with Crystals
Since orange is the color associated with the sacral chakra, you can use crystals that are orange in color to help open up your sacral chakra such as:
- Moonstone: This is connected to the moon and helps to calm you and brings positivity to your emotions.
- Carnelian: This orange stone will help you to have more confidence and lucky.
- Citrine: Citrine can help to increase your energy and give you power over depression.
Balancing with Positive Affirmations
Positive affirmations can balance your sacral chakra. Try some of these:
- I am enough.
- I am worthy of love.
- I have strong worth.
- I am more than enough.
- I have joy.
- I am full of creativity.
- I have boundaries.
- I love who I am.
- I am full of love.
Balancing with Colors
Use orange around your home and on your body so that you can heal and balance your sacral chakra. Try different colors of clothing, jewelry, candles, and home décor.
Keeping Your Sacral Chakra Balanced
Use some of the tips above if you want to keep your sacral chakra balanced and strong. Wearing jewelry with crystals, doing yoga, opening yourself up to new foods and the color orange can help to balance the energies in your body.